Saturday, July 12, 2008

 

Continue Story (I copy and paste from internet) - Chapter 20 - 'HE KNEW EACH TEAR BEFORE IT CAME – HERMIONE AND GEORGE'

CHAPTER 20

The next day was crazy in the Weasley house hold. Tonks was stuck on the couch, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny were all still crammed in the twins’ room, and Ron was supposed to be coming home that day. Tonks had been right about the Ministry not allowing Ron to try to meet up with Harry. Hermione woke up with the others and got in a quick shower. Once she returned to her room, she got dressed and dried her hair and then went downstairs for breakfast. Mrs. Weasley was looking rather exhausted.

“Good morning,” Hermione said as she picked up a piece of toast that was lying on a stack on a plate. “How are you?”

“G’morning d-dear,” she replied through a yawn. “Not too bad but…”

“Mr. Weasley never came home?” she asked as Mrs. Weasley looked out the window. Mrs. Weasley shook her head as George walked down the steps after getting out of the shower and getting changed. “Morning George,” Hermione said.

“Morning,” he said in unison with his mother. “What time is Ronnie supposed to get here with the Minister?” George asked.

“In about half an hour,” she replied in a sleepy tone. George nodded his head and grabbed a piece of toast. He wasn’t all that hungry. “I just hope your father gets home soon.”

“He’s still not home?” George asked sounding worried. His mom shook her head no and went back to what she had been doing which was washing the dishes, the muggle way. Hermione shook her head and she and George left the room. “She’s washing dishes,” he said, “the muggle way. She only does that when she’s really worried or upset.”

“She’s both of those things,” Hermione replied. She looked over at Mrs. Weasley as Tonks began to wake up. “If I was in her shoes, I’d be too.” George took Hermione’s hand in his and led her up the steps to her room where no one was. The three extra beds had disappeared and all that was left was Hermione’s. She sat down looked at her boyfriend who was still standing at the door. He walked over to her and sat down next to her. “It’s going to be weird when he’s here.”

George nodded his head and looked at his girlfriend. “He was so mad when we were there. After you had left, he had done nothing but yell at me,” George said. “He kept calling me a back-stabbing brother and that Fred was right with telling me that you were off-limits to me because he had gone out with you and because he loved you. He kept saying that I wasn’t a real brother to him anymore because of what I’ve done.” Hermione’s eyes darted to a picture that was waving at her from her bedside table. It was of her, Harry, and Ron from the previous year. There was one next to it of the three of them from their first year. “I didn’t mean to hurt him at all but…” Hermione’s eyes darted back to her boyfriend quickly. “I don’t want to hurt you at all either. But he’s my brother.”

“No,” Hermione whispered as she looked at him. She felt her insides go numb and her heart break rather slowly as she waited for George to do it.

“I’m sorry Herms,” he said as he looked at Hermione and stood up. “But…”

“Please George,” Hermione said as tears began to fill her eyes. “Please don’t do this.”

“He’s my brother,” he said as he started to walk to the door. He turned to look at Hermione and then he looked at his feet. “I think we should…”

“Get out,” Hermione said as she laid down and looked at the ceiling. George opened the door to leave and Hermione just said, “I love you George Weasley, even if you’ll let Ron get between us. I will still love you.”

George turned around and walked back over to Hermione and sat on the edge of her bed. “I love you too Hermione,” he replied, “but you understand right?”

“Actually, no,” she said. “Obviously you don’t love me if you are willing to let your brother get in between us and…”

“But you were crying more then mum had been when you had heard about Ron,” George replied as he looked at her.

“I FELT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT!” she yelled as she sat up and looked at him. “How was I supposed to act, all calm and collected? I should have been there to help them but I wasn’t so therefore, I take the blame.”

“But neither Harry nor Ron let you come,” George said. “It was their fault. Not yours.” Hermione shook her head and sat up as tears spilled down her cheeks. He kissed her lightly on the lips as she sat there.

“Don’t leave me,” she replied. “Please don’t leave me.

“But…” he persisted as he looked into her eyes.

“But you’d break my heart as much as you’d break yours,” she replied as she stared deeply into George’s eyes. “Don’t do that to either of us.”

George kissed her again and then looked at her. “Fine,” he said. “I won’t let my brother keep us apart when we belong together.” Hermione smiled and kissed him again.

“FRED! GEORGE! GINNY! HERMIONE!” Fleur called from the bottom of the steps. “RON EES HERE AND VE ALL VANT YOU DOWN HERE!” Three doors opened and then closed and then four sets of feet were sounded to come down the steps all at the same time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?