Saturday, May 31, 2008

 

Continue Story (I copy and paste from internet) - Chapter 6 - 'IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS'

CHAPTER 6

Soon after Hermione had gone up to her room, Draco made his way up to hers as well. He wanted to talk to her but right as he got to her door, he made his way back down to the Common Room as fast as possible. He didn’t want her to realize that he was falling for her. But she could probably already tell already which was terrible in his eyes. If she knew that he loved her then she might thing that he was like Snape, obsessing over her. And that was exactly what Hermione believed. As she laid on her bed, staring up at the ceiling which, at the moment, was a picture of Ron, she let out a soft sigh and wondered what was going on. Both Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape were obsessing over her and there really was nothing that she could do. She would much rather have just Malfoy obsessing over her than Snape because at least then it was much less creepy. After about an hour and a half of lying in bed, Hermione finally stopped staring at Ron and walked back downstairs. Draco was in the Common Room but she didn’t care. She, surprisingly, wanted to talk to him about anything that would help her stay safe from Snape.

“Draco, can I talk to you about something?” she asked as she sat down on the couch next to him.

“Of course, what do you want to talk about?” he asked as he put down the book that he was reading and looked over at her. He caught her try to take a glimpse at the cover and he laughed. “Don’t tell anyone that I was reading this, I don’t really want anyone knowing that I was reading…”

“Romeo and Juliet,” she said, “is an amazing play. Where’d you get the book?”

“Y-You left it on the table and I…I was bored so I…”

“It’s OK that you were reading it,” she said. “If you want to, you can borrow it. Anyway…umm…how do I put this? I was wondering if you could help me.”

Draco smiled at her and turned to face her more. “I’m all ears,” he said with a soft smile.

Running a hand through her hair gently, Hermione let out a sigh. “What you said earlier about Snape, it’s been what’s been going through my mind since we got back here and he had been trying to get me to open up,” she said with a sigh. “I just don’t want to deal with a teacher obsessing over me. It kind of scares me that someone that students look up to is obsessing over one of his students.” When Draco didn’t reply, Hermione ran a hand through her hair again and looked at him. “Draco, I knot that you’re trying to help me for Harry and for Ron so this slight ‘obsession’ that you’ve got for me is really nothing. Besides, I’d rather a seventeen-year-old guy obsesses over me than some forty-year-old professor. Now Draco, will you please help me?”

Draco gave her a quizzical look for a moment before nodding his head. “I made a promise to Potter and Weasel so of course I’ll help,” Draco said with a small smile on his face.

After about an hour of just talking about what they were going to do in order for him to help her and her to make it believable that they still hated each other, Hermione smiled at Draco, actually hugged him, and then made her way up to her room to take a much needed nap. Draco, on the other hand, continued to sit on the couch and he actually continued to read Romeo and Juliet. He realized as he read page after page that Harry and Ron were like Tibalt and Romeo. Their families were feuding and they were stuck in the middle, deciding whether or not they wanted to really be fighting. Draco chose yes for years and Harry went along with Draco’s decision. He had finally reached the fight between Romeo, Mercutio, and Tibalt when Snape walked in. Looking up at him, Draco rolled his eyes gently as he placed the book back on the table. “Hi professor, how can I help you?” Draco asked.

“I must speak with Miss Granger,” Snape said simply, as if Draco was just a fly that he was trying to shoo out of the room.

“I’m sorry professor but she’s taking a nap,” Draco said. “We were speaking earlier and she just got really tired. She had said that she hadn’t slept well last night and she wanted to be more awake.”

“So you got her to open up?” Snape asked as he looked over towards Hermione’s room, a dreamy look in his eyes.

Draco saw the look and automatically felt his insides crawl. He was obsessing over her more and more and Draco could tell that that was something that Hermione was probably starting to be more and more fearful over. No one wanted anyone to obsess over them but it was way worse when it was a professor who was doing the obsessing. “Umm…Professor, she just went up to nap so if you want, I can send her to your office when she wakes up,” Draco said, hoping that he could get Snape to leave faster.

“I would prefer to speak with her now,” Snape replied. He looked down at Draco and tried to read everything that dealt with him. His eyes were actually filled with an emotion that was far from hatred. It was an emotion that Snape couldn’t read but he was trying not to worry about it. ‘Is he falling for Miss Granger?’ he thought to himself as he made his way towards Hermione’s room.

“I really wouldn’t do that if I were you professor,” Draco said as he stood to his feet and tried to stop Snape from going any further. “Honestly, think about it. You are about to wake up a hormonal, teenage girl. Do you honestly want to face her wrath? I would much rather deal with Dementors than wake a teenage girl up from a much needed slumber.” Draco looked up towards Hermione’s room and hoped that she wouldn’t wake because of Snape being there. He wanted her to get her rest since she probably really wasn’t sleeping well at all and then she was just getting weaker from how stressed she’s been. “Professor, I’ll send her to your office the moment she wakes up.”

Snape looked at Draco before looking back up at Hermione’s door; as if he was waiting for her to just open the door right then and there so that that could talk. But, luckily for Draco, Hermione didn’t wake and if she was awake, she knew better than to come to her door. Snape turned to look at Draco and then walked past him. “Send her up to my office the moment that she wakes and don’t fall for her,” he said as he made his way to the door.

“What was that last part, sir?” Draco asked, trying to make sure that he had heard him right. How could it be that Severus Snape, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, was telling a student to not fall for another student?

“You heard me, Draco,” Snape said. “She is already a wreck enough. No need to have a broken heart along with all of the stress.”

“Are you sure it’s not because you’re falling for her yourself?” Draco whispered as Snape left the room.

“Please tell me he’s gone,” Hermione whispered as she poked her head out from the door.

“He’s gone,” Draco said as he walked over to the couch and plopped down on it. “Honestly, he’s getting…”

“SCARY!” Hermione yelled as she sat down on the couch next to him. “It’s one thing if a student has a crush on me that I can deal with. This, I can’t. He’s the Headmaster and I’m a student. It’s somewhat frightening.”

Draco turned to look at Hermione. “What if you start to fall for him back?” he asked.

“Yeah right!” Hermione said with a scoff. “I’d rather chew my own arm off than ever fall for that grease-ball of a teacher.”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?