Saturday, May 31, 2008

 

Continue Story (I copy and paste from internet) - Chapter 4 - 'IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS'

CHAPTER 4

The next day wasn’t that terrible. At least it didn’t seem it at first. Hermione hadn’t realized where she was when she had awoken from her slumber. She just saw the four-posters around her bed and assumed that she was in Gryffindor tower. She sprang up. If she was in Gryffindor tower, that meant that everything was just a dream and that Harry and Ron were probably extremely safe, asleep in their beds. She pulled the curtains of her bed back and smiled softly to herself. While she was sleeping, she found a way to trick herself into seeing things because now she found herself staring at all of the girls, fast asleep of course, from seventh year Gryffindor sleeping. Tip-toeing, as to not to wake the girls that she saw who were slumbering, Hermione changed into her uniform and made her way down the steps, through the Common Room that she didn’t realize wasn’t the Gryffindor Common Room, and outside of it to go to the Great Hall. It wasn’t until she reached the hallway outside of her Common Room that she realized that she wasn’t in Gryffindor tower and her day went from almost perfect to terrible.

Slinking down to the ground, Hermione sat up against the wall and let out an angry sigh. In her eyes, it probably wouldn’t be long before Snape or McGonagall came up to get her up and tell her, her classes. But Hermione just sat there anyway. She couldn’t believe that she had been able to trick her mind like that. It was so hard to know that Harry and Ron were gone but to trick her mind the way that she did, making her believe that she was back in her sixth year. It was murderous what she was putting herself through and there was just no other way to do anything and have everything get better for her. Tears filled her eyes but Hermione wiped them away before they could fall from her eyes. She was not going to cry, not again. The more she cried, the worse she felt and she just didn’t want to feel any worse or she might actually do the unthinkable.

“This is crazy,” Hermione whispered as she pulled her knees into her chest and placed her head on her knees, the tears that she had tried to spill out from before, now rising to her eyes again. As they finally threatened to spill, again, a voice reached Hermione’s ears. “G-Go away!” Hermione stammered as she retreated even more into a ball.

“It’s the halls, Granger; I can go wherever I want!” Malfoy said with a snigger as he walked over towards her and stopped in front of her. “What’s wrong with you? Finally realizing that you’re completely useless?” When Hermione looked up at him with not one single emotion in her eyes, he actually felt a pang of guilt over what he had just said. It was a slightly terrible thing to say to someone who probably was on her way to jump off some cliff. “Listen Gran…Hermione, I didn’t mean that. I…”

Hermione stood to her feet and walked over to the portrait of an angel and whispered the password so Draco wouldn’t hear it. “Listen Malfoy, I’ve known you for at least six years now, correct? So don’t tell me that you didn’t mean that when I know that you did.” She walked forward into her Common Room; of course Draco was smart and followed close behind.

“Hermione Granger, you are so headstrong! Why can’t you just let yourself go and actually open up to me?” Draco asked.

“Why do you want to help me and why should I tell you anything?!” she yelled as she ran a hand through her hair and turned to him. “Now, if you don’t mind, get out of my Common Room!”

“By the way, Snape sent me up here to get you to come downstairs to the Great Hall for breakfast so even if you wanted me to leave, I still know the password to get in,” Draco said with a small laugh on his voice as he looked over at her and looked her up and down as she turned her back to him. “You know, Snape and McGonagall are extremely worried about you.”

“So they sent you to help them not worry? That sure was smart of them,” she replied sarcastically as she snapped her fingers and she was changed again since it was only a Saturday and she didn’t need to be in her uniform like she had been. She was now in a pair of jeans and a black shirt that was ripped here and there. She turned to look at Draco as she pulled her hair back in a pony-tail. “Why do you really keep bothering me? Why don’t you just treat me terribly like usual and stop acting like you care about me because that would make everything so much easier!”

“You’re not letting anyone help you! No one can crack you! I figure that maybe you should let me help you…”

“Why? So you can just tell your daddy what I said and he can tell You-Know-Who so he can use me against my best friends?” she asked. “Yeah right, I’m not the smartest girl in school because I have no common sense.” She rolled her eyes and shook her head, turning around as she did so. Was something wrong with her? She was afraid that she was falling for the one thing that meant nothing to her. Was this all because of Snape?

“Hermione, just listen to me,” Draco said with a soft sigh. “I want to help you. I want to help you feel better…”

“And what will you get out of it? What is Snape going to do for you?” she replied.

“I deserved that,” Draco said. “I just want you to know that I hate to see you hurt unless I had something to do with it.” Draco turned to leave, right as Hermione turned to look at him. “Oh yeah, Snape wants me to stay in the other bedroom of this Common Room to try to help you.”

Hermione watched him leave, anger filling her entire being. “This can’t be happening!” she said angrily as she left the Common Room and started to make her way to the Headmaster’s office. What he was doing to her was so much worse then she had ever been put through and she was going to find a way to put a stop to it. “Professor,” Hermione thundered as she walked into his office, “are you trying to ruin my life?”

“What are you talking about Miss Granger?” Snape asked as he pushed a stack of paper aside to look at the seventeen-year-old girl. “Are you talking about Mr. Malfoy and how I had asked him to take home in the other room in your Common Room?”

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about!” Hermione yelled as she looked at him. “Professor, it’s bad enough that Harry and Ron aren’t here but are you just trying to make me even more miserable by making me share a Common Room with Draco Malfoy, the person who I honestly wouldn’t care if he died?”

Snape just shook his head and rolled his eyes at her. “You need to learn that someone is there for you, even if you dislike that person,” Snape said with a wave of his hand, as if he was only shooing a fly away. “We also want to keep you safe and, compared to that Weasley boy, Draco is great when it comes to protecting anyone from the dark arts.”

Hermione glared at Snape as she turned on her heels and went to leave the office. “Whatever, I might not even stay here that long anyway,” she replied bitterly as she left the office, only to get stuck walking back to the Common Room with her new dorm buddy.

Snape looked forward at where Hermione had just left. She had said that she wasn’t sure how long she would stay there. That was as dangerous as could be. He ran a hand through his greasy, black hair and let out a soft sigh. He had to do something else to help her open up and forget everything that’s going on at that moment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?