Sunday, February 17, 2008

 

Continue story (I copy and paste from internet) - Chapter 35 - 'UNFORGETABLE'

CHAPTER 35

"Pansy! How are you feeling?" Blaise was by her side in no time, picking up one of her hands and using his other to feel her forehead.

"I'm alright, thanks Blaise." She said, trying to sound like everything was normal.

"Are you sure? You were unconscious for quite some time!" He said, his face still anxious with worry.

"I feel much better." She assured him, and he looked visibly calmer.

He let go of her hand for a second to seat himself in a chair and pull it up right next to her bed. Then he quickly took her hand again and stroked it with his thumb.

"You scared me quite a bit. Your face, it was blue, I didn't know what to do. You seemed as if you were choking but you hadn't been eating or anything."

Pansy tried to look puzzled, as if this confused her too.

"Do you have any idea what happened?" He asked her.

"None at all." She lied.

"Oh," Blaise looked disappointed in her answer but quickly changed his facial expression to one of caution again. "Pansy, right before your accident, you were telling me about something very important. I saw part of a human above your shoulder, and it had been exactly what I was looking for. You were about to explain it to me."

Pansy could tell he was trying to prompt her into speaking but she resisted. "Hmmm..." She said, staring at the wall as if it might come back to her.

Dr. Ashby reentered the room at this point, going over to his bedside. "How are you doing, Miss Parkinson?" He asked her.

"Fine," Pansy said, again.

"Listen, now that you are conscious we are going to move you to a less serious ward where you will have a roommate."

"Okay," Pansy agreed, eager to meet this person while simultaneously dreading the lack of personal space or silence she might encounter.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Zabini, but you have to leave now. You may return tomorrow during visiting hours."

The doctor gave them one last minute alone before Pansy's move.

"Pansy, as soon as you're out of here I promise I'll help take care of you. I will stay home from work for the next month if I have to, but we'll get rid of this together. And I haven't given up on trying to figure out why you don't want us to be together."

Pansy thanked him and he left.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?