Saturday, January 19, 2008

 

Continue story (I copy and paste from internet) - Chapter 10 - 'DOES SHE REALLY CARE?'

CHAPTER 10

“Would Ms. Granger care for a drink,” asked a house elf on Christmas Eve.

“You poor thing,” said Hermione.

“Chill, Hermione. They live to serve us, answer yes or no,” said Draco from next to her. He realized that he called her by her fist name with out trying.

“It’s Christmas eve. These house elves don’t know the meaning of fun. Look at these rags you make them wear.”

I make them wear?”

“Come on, you’re their master, tell them to have fun or something. Let them have some kind of party. A house elf party,” she begged. “Come on, what do you lose?”

“Wow, you really are considerate of others,” he said rolling his eyes. “We’ll have this house elf party. Green Toe,” he snapped to the house elf.

“Yes Master Malfoy?”

“I want you to gather all the house elves in the house in the party room,” he said.

“Anything for you master,” he said bowing and ran off.

Draco looked around and called every other house elf he sees. “Bell, Tinkers, Jeans, Jobbee, all of you, get ready for a party happening in the party room, now go,” all the house elves bowed and ran all around getting things ready.

“What was all that about?” asked Hermione, who was staring at Draco disapprovingly while he was giving orders.

“Well, I’m not going too get this party started,” he said casually. She rolled her eyes.

“Come on, do you want to join the party or not?” he stood up and walked to the party room. She followed him. In the room, there were already food on the tables and about fifty house elves in the room. All the house elves crowded around them asking for an order.

Hermione put on some music. “Grab a partner and dance.” The house elves looked at Draco, who had his hands in his pockets.

“You heard her,” he said in a demanding tone. All the house elves quickly ran around for a partner. In the blink of an eye, everybody had a partner and tried their best to dance. Draco and Hermione were amused at how horribly they dance. He sat down in a chair and Hermione sat down in the chair next to him.

An hour into the party, the house elves seemed to have such a good time. Even Draco and Hermione were having a good time, like they were watching a comedy show. The house elves dance so horribly.

Narcissa and Hermione’s parents came inside to see where the music came from and saw all the house elves dancing. They all laughed at the sight of the house elves struggling on the dance floor. The adults walked over and sat next to Hermione and Draco. Narcissa pinched Draco, who him to look at her.

“Ask her to dance,” she whispered, signaling to Hermione. He simply shook his head. She glanced at him sternly like she was going to punish him if he didn’t. So he looked at Hermione, who seemed to be enjoying every second of the party. He was surprised at himself by his next move. Without complaining, like he’d expect himself to, he stood up and extended his hand to Hermione.

She looked up, shocked at his move and smiled. She took his hand and stood up. They both were nervous. Butterflies were in their stomachs. Draco’s hands were shivering as he placed it on Hermione’s waste. Hermione’s hand shivered as she placed her hand on his shoulder. They danced. Together. All night.

When the song was finished, Hermione was blushing and Draco ran his hand through his hair. The adults and house elves applauded loudly. Hermione and Draco were too shy to even look at each other.

They were on their way to the their rooms, when Draco said, “This never leaves this house.”

“I guess I could agree with that.”

“You know this is an once-in-a-lifetime thing. It meant nothing. And this is the last time we speak of it. Deal?”

“Deal,” she said and they went separate directions.

Hermione went to her room and collapsed on her bed. I can’t believe I danced with Draco Malfoy. I can’t believe I actually had fun! I haven’t even danced with Harry or Ron to dance with him. I wish I could forget it, it did mean nothing. I can’t believe I’m starting to actually like him!

Draco went to his room and collapsed on his bed. I can’t believe I danced with a mudblood. I can’t believe I actually had fun! This pretend friendship thing has gotten way too far. I can’t believe I’m actually starting to like her. I hate myself for thinking that! I wish I could just forget about it!

So all night, their heads were filled with these kinds of thoughts.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?