Sunday, January 27, 2008

 

Continue story (I copy and paste from internet) - Chapter 12 - 'DOES SHE REALLY CARE?'

CHAPTER 12

As Narcissa Malfoy opened the door, and they both stared at each other in shock, the Weasleys came inside and watched the fancy chandeliers and tiled floors, Hermione got up to greet them. But Draco sat still. Fred and George were the first to come in and as soon as they spotted Draco, they collapsed next to him, each at his side.

“Hello mate,” said George.

“Like the present, it’s a truth-telling potion, don’t know the name, stole it from Snape. He says it’s very rare, so we stole it, got loads at home.” asked Fred.

“Loved it,” he said simply, still thinking about what had happened.

“Did you like the love letter Ron had sent you?” asked George laughing.

Draco couldn’t help but laugh. He had a perfect chance to humiliate Ron about writing that letter.

Mrs. Weasley then stood in front of him, obviously happy he was wearing the sweatshirt. “Aw, it looks adorable,” she hugged him and kissed his forehead. That made Ron sick. His mother was kissing his enemy.

“Thank you Mrs. Weasley, I loved it,” he said, fully ignoring that a Weasley had just kissed him.

Mrs. Weasley blushed and sat down in one of the couches, while the others did the same.

“Woah,” said Ginny pointing to the necklaces around Hermione’s neck. “Where on earth did you get that?”

“This lovely handmade necklace is from you,” she complimented.

“It looks like rubbish compared to the other one,” added Ron nastily.

“No it doesn’t,” she replied, trying not to hurt Ginny’s feelings.

“Who gave it to you?” asked Ginny, ignoring the comment, causing Draco to listen to the conversation.

“One of my muggle friends,” she replied.

Then Draco butted in the conversation. “Weasley, I didn’t know you fancied me. I loved your love letter,” he joked, causing Ron to turn red from embarrassment.

“It wasn’t a love letter,” said Harry.

“Oh, then I get it, you were trying to propose to me,” he said, causing Fred and George to like him even more. Ginny even giggled under her breath.

“Mum made me,” he said, still embarrassed.

“Stop fighting,” said Hermione, which reminded him of what had happened. So he stopped and continued his thoughts.

“You’re going to let Ms. Know-it-all tell you what to do?” asked Fred.

“If it were any other time, I wouldn’t. But now, if you would follow me to the potions room, we could whip up something to put in his dinner pumpkin juice,” he said as he stood up. The twins smiled evilly and followed him. Draco was trying to get as far away from Hermione as possible.

At dinner, they turned Ron’s skin pink and had a nice laugh. Their mothers scolded them, of course, but they agreed it was worth it.

But Draco and Hermione couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened between them.

After the Weasleys had left, Draco glanced at Hermione. She glanced back. They couldn’t talk to each other. They were too shy.

“It never happened,” he said simply. She nodded.

The day before the end of the holiday, Hermione decided to go the library and educate herself with a book. She chose one and fixed her eyes on it.

“What are you doing here?” asked the voice of Draco.

Reading,” she replied, not taking her eyes from the book.

“You couldn’t live without books,” he said as he scanned the spines of the books and took one out. She ignored him. He sat down across from Hermione and began reading.

“I guess you-being-nice is over tomorrow,” she started. He nodded. “Just like that,” she added.

“I have a question to ask you,” he said as he took the Glarer from his pocket. “Who do you see?”

Hermione looked inside and saw Sirius Black smiling at her. She didn’t want to tell him, since he still believes that Sirius is a murderer on the loose, and said, “Why do you want to know?”

“Just curious,” he replied, “Well?”

“I see Cedric Diggory,” she lied. It was the only other person she can think of that she misses at the moment.

“You know, friends don’t lie to friends,” he said, insinuating that she’s lying.

“I thought we were ‘pretend’ friends.”

“Come on, do you honestly think that this is a pretend friendship. I find it hard to believe that it’s just a friendship,” he admitted. “So, the truth, who do you see?”

“I can’t tell you. You wouldn’t believe it if I did anyway.”

“Try me,” he said standing from across her sitting next to her.

“No, I can’t. I won’t.”

“You know, I could keep a secret.”

“It’s not that.”

“Well, would you tell your friends? At least tell me that. Give me a hint. Come on!”

Hermione couldn’t believe herself, she actually thought about telling him. “No,” she said after a pause.

“Why not?”

“I have a better question, why do you want to know so badly.”

“I can’t stand people keeping secrets from me. Now answer mine.”

“Because if I did, it could mean Azkaban,” she answered, which sounded ridiculous to Draco.

“Does it have anything to do with the Dark Lord?” She nodded. She felt she was telling him too much, “Does it have anything to do with my father?” She nodded. “Everything concerning my father concerns me. Tell me!”

“I’m sorry, but I already told you too much.”

“Listen Gran… I mean Hermione; you know more about my father than I do! I want to know m ore about him and how he works for the respected Dark Lord. I want to know what kinds of deeds he does. I want to know how close he was to killing you. I want to know more. I will not tell the minister, whatever it is. Besides, if I wouldn’t believe you, he wouldn’t either. You are the only one who could tell me about my father’s deeds, and if not today than never! Tell me, I beg of you,” he pleaded.

After a pause, she finally said, “I see Sirius Black.”

She then told him everything she knew about Lucius, about how he gave Ginny Riddle’s diary and how he almost killed her. She told him about when Harry was in the graveyard, and saw Lucius as one of the Death Eaters. She told him about how his father had threatened to kill her and her friends if Harry didn’t give him the prophecy. She told him about how Sirius was innocent and how they had helped him escape and how he fought Lucius right before he was killed by Bellatrix.

Draco hated the thought that maybe the Dark Lord would come to him and ask him to be a Death Eater. He hated the thought that his father threatened to kill her and her friends and he almost killed Ginny Weasley. The words coming out of Hermione’s mouth were a shock. He actually felt a bit of hate for his father. He looked inside the Glarer and the image of his father smiling was getting blurry. He no longer misses his father most of all. He stared deep into the Glarer and saw the Weasley twins smirking.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. He was crying.

“I no longer miss my father. I now miss the Weasley twins more,” he said as he began to think about all the times his father helped him and smiled at him whenever he got a good percentage in one of his tests, which caused him to cry even harder, and the image of the Weasley twins had faded back into his father.

Hermione felt sorry for him. The image of him crying made her cry as well, she hugged him tight. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” was all she could say.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?