Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

Continue story (I copy and paste from internet) – Chapter 14 - 'SAYING GOODBYE IS THE HARDEST THING (DRACO/HERMIONE)’

CHAPTER 14

“More then that.”

Hermione smiled and turned Draco’s head towards her. Slowly, she pulled him down to her lips and kissed him again. That single kiss got deeper but at last, she pushed him off her.

“C’mon,” she said, “It’s getting dark. We should get back.” She linked hands with him and together they walked back up to the castle.

Near the Oak tree, in the grounds, there is a large hedge of rose bushes, which are very high and thick, and anyone could hide and not be found behind them for ages. It so happened that some people were hiding behind them, watching through small gaps in the hedge, watching Hermione and Draco. Behind the rose bushes, a small group of Death Eaters sat discussing.

“It is, in a way, rather sweet that Draco has finally found someone who is just as lowlifed as him.” Amycus said, but Narcissa gave out a sheik.

“My son is not a lowlife!” She said, very very slowly, through gritted teeth.

“But Granger is.” Fenrir Greyback insisted.

“Exactly!” Amycus looked triumphantly at Narcissa, “If Draco see’s fit to go off and hang around with filthy muggleborn Mudbloods, then he’s as good as one.”

“If you are saying that my son is a nasty, dirty Mudblood, then you are calling me and Luci…” Narcissa was cut short.

“They’ve just entered the school.” Lucius’s head emerged from the rose bush beside Fenrir, “If we go now and go quickly, we will be able to reach them before they get to the Common Room.”

“Excellent plan.” Snape had also emerged from the bush, “Just make it clear, Lucius, I stay here. I cannot touch the boy. If you don’t already know this, some time ago, Narcissa and me made the Unbreakable Vow, and I have to look after Draco for as long as I live. I trust you know the rules of the vow?” Narcissa winced and turned away from her husband.

“No. I didn’t know that, thank you for enlightening me.” Lucius snarled, throwing a dirty look at Narcissa.

“Is Severus staying here then, Lucius?” Fenrir asked.

Lucius shook his head. “He’ll come. Remember through, Severus cannot touch the boy, and our task is to find him, and then Amycus, you shall perform the killing curse.”

“NO!” Narcissa screamed. “Lucius, you only said we were going to find him and bring him back with us. You said nothing about killing him. He’s my son! He’s our son! You want to kill him!”

“The Dark Lord wants him dead, Narcissa, he is a threat to The Dark Side, and befriending Potter…” Lucius’s jaw tightened.

“Quite right so.” Amycus cheered.

“I do love a good killing!” Fenrir said, grinning.

“Maybe, if I may point out,” Severus Snape spoke up, “That killing Draco would not be a good idea. I can hardly imagine any farther ordering to have his son killed. It would look at bit suspicious, wouldn’t it?”

“Look at Barty Crouch. Sent his son to Azkaban.” Lucius shook his head, “Don’t tell me you are sticking up for the boy, after last year?”

“He’s my son!” Narcissa was shouting.

“He was being somewhat faithful, Lucius.” Snape insisted.

“He was being untrue to his real life!” Amycus declared.

“Severus!” Narcissa begged, “You’ll help me? You’ll help me save Draco? My son?”

Snape stared at her for a few moments, “I despise Potter, but killing Draco would be a waste of a good wizard, not to mention put a risk at the number of Purebloods left in the World.”

“So you’ll help?” Narcissa had broken down into tears.

“Yes.”

“Traitor!” Fenrir roared, “Filthy, ruddy, half cast traitor!”

“Its an outrage!” Amycus shouted.

“Lucius!” Narcissa was begging again, “Come with us. You can’t do this, he’s our son!”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?